The Chime: Turkey Edition
Selina MarshallNovember 27, 2019
Haven't subscribed to The Chime yet? No worries, we're sharing it here so you don't miss out on our special Thanksgiving edition.
Giving thanks (and proactive customer service) on Black Friday
Showing a little appreciation can go a long way. 68% of customers said they’ve left a brand because of the brand’s indifference towards them. It’s not enough to be good. You have to show you care.
For most brands, the upcoming holiday has nothing to do with turkey and stuffing. It’s all about the deals💲💲💲
The Black Friday-to-Cyber Monday weekend spurred almost$18 BILLION in online sales in 2018. But if you want to earn more than a single sale, you need to think about the post-purchase customer experience as well.
“Remaining attentive after the sale is critical for maintaining customer loyalty,” said Richard Howells in a recent Forbes article.
It can be tough to remain attentive to tens of thousands of customers on the busiest shopping weekend of the year. That’s why some brands are turning to the robots.🤖
Here’s Howells again:
“Leading companies are using IoT sensors and greater connectedness in general to more effectively monitor usage data and post-sale customer experiences. Some companies are even using predictive analytics to detect issues before they arise – enabling them to take action ahead of time to ensure the best customer experiences possible.”
Customer service requires more than a friendly smile, especially when your customers are shopping online. Predictive analytics can help you catch a problem before it’s a problem, which is the best type of service you can provide.
Here's a mut-reads on this topic:This Holiday Season, Be Thankful For A Great Customer Experience
Five Things We're Thankful For
- Disney+ and the Golden Age of Streaming. Whenever big brands duke it out, consumers win. The launch of Disney+ last week signals the beginning of “The Streaming Wars,” and it won’t end swiftly. Disney+ reportedly landed over 10 million sign-ups in just two days. Still, they have a long way to go to overtake streaming leaders Netflix (60 million subscribers) and Hulu (28 million). The rest of us will happily sit back and watch.
- This hot take on customer retention. A recent article on CustomerThink.com said that “customer retention is overrated.” Before you grab your pitchforks, take a deep breath and give it a read. The author reminds us that not all customers should be retained.
- Thanksgiving Meal Kits. If you’re not going home for the holiday (or you simply hate shopping), there are tons of delicious Thanksgiving meal kits that have you covered. Get everything you need delivered to your door for the big day.
- Our team. We’re the type you’d want to take home to meet your parents. Our passion for technology and the customer experience knows no bounds, but we still like to have fun. Plus, we’re growing. Check out our careers page.
- Our customers. We could never forget our amazing customers and Chime subscribers! You inspire us to work hard and change the world every day. Thanks for being here🤗
That’s it for now! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and make sure your customers do too.
PS: It's never too late to subscribe to The Chime, our customer retention insights newsletter. Sign up using the form below!